Want to know more about SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services – Multidimensional and Tabular? Well, check out SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services with MDX and DAX! The book is co-written by my SQL BI teammates – so thank goodness for that (to compensate for my lack of writing grace)!
So what’s in the book?
- Shows how to utilize SQL Server Data Tools to build Analysis Services multidimensional and tabular databases
- Shares fundamental concepts of DAX and MDX and dives into advanced concepts such as parent-child hierarchies and time-based analysis
- Demonstrates methods for analyzing and optimizing DAX and MDX query performance
- Describes how to use Excel 2010 in conjunction with Analysis Services to analyze data and effectively use PowerPivot® for SharePoint®
- Explains Power View setup and configuration and presents real-world scenarios to help simplify reporting
Oh, and if you want to know more about BISM Tabular, check out Chris Webb, Marco Russo, and Alberto Ferrari’s great book Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Analysis Services: The BISM Tabular Model.