Renaming OLAP database (Unsupported)
Below are the unsupported steps to rename and OLAP database.
- Archive the OLAP database and SQL repository (assumes you migrated the OLAP repository to SQL).
- Stop Analysis Server
- Rename the folder that contains the Olap dB (e.g. rename c:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Data\blah to c:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Data\blah2)
- Go into the Olap repository SQL dB , and change the name “blah” to “blah2” w/in the OlapObjects table. Examples include:
- The column ObjectName needs to be changed from “blah” to “blah2”
- The ObjectDescription column needs to be changed from ‘<DATABASE Name = “blah">….’ to ‘<DATABASE Name = “blah2">…’
- Rename of the *.odb file within the OlapdB folder (e.g. rename c:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Data\blah.odb to c:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Data\blah2.odb)
- Start Analysis Server